Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

db2 communication error

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaussdb2

Programmer
Jul 29, 2002
US
i am getting a following error while trying to connect from a remote machine.what service do i need to start/or what settings do i change so that the remote client can connect to the db2 databases.
i have configured the clients using the client configuration assistant.

SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol

being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location

where the error was detected: "". Communication function detecting the error:

"connect". Protocol specific error code(s): "10060", "*", "*".

SQLSTATE=08001

thanks.

A quick lookup at the Message Reference manual for DB2 reveals :

ETIMEDOUT (10060): The establishment of a connection timed out before a connection was made.

My guess is that your DB2 instance was not up, or it was locked for backup, or something like that.

-- Max

the db2 is running and i am able to access it from the local machine,but from remote machine,its not able to establish the connection.

Another possibility might be a permission problem on the port that is used to connect to the remote server. Are you by any chance using a port number less than 1024 ?

Also, can your client connect successfully to other DB2 servers ?

-- Max

I met the same error on our project,perhaps it occured because of network communicate error,our websphere and db2 are installed on two servers.One for application server,the other for application db.But I am not so sure.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back