Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB2 Application Heap

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhnewfie

Programmer
Jun 14, 2001
CA
I am running an application that maintains a constant connection to DB2 for performance reasons. This causes an application heap error after some processing. I have also tried to clean up and reopen connections on a regular basis as well and I still get the same error. Is there something that I should be doing to clean up the application heap?? It seems that no matter how high I set the heap size I still get the error.

Could Someone Help????
RHNewfie There are 3 Types of People in the World
Those Born to Think Logically
Those that can Learn to Think Logically
Those that Shouldn't Try

Did you try to increase applsz parameter values.

It defines the number of private memory pages alloted for application by the database manager on behalf of the specific agent(Agent coordinates for processing the application request and makes the comunication between the application and database)

command used to set this parameter

db2 update db cfg using applheapsz [value]

[value] ---> It specifies the size in pages.default 128 (4KB)
It Ranges from [16 -60 000]

Hi,

Did you try to increase applsz parameter values?.

It defines the number of private memory pages alloted for application by the database manager on behalf of the specific agent(Agent coordinates for processing the application request and makes the comunication between the application and database)

command used to set this parameter

db2 update db cfg using applheapsz [value]

[value] ---> It specifies the size in pages.default 128 (4KB)
It Ranges from [16 -60 000]

I hope ,the above information will help you.

Regards,
Thangam

Thanks for your reply. I have increased the applhpsz to around 10000 and that seems to put off the error that I was getting by a factor of 2 or 3. It seems to be enough to keep users from getting the error.

Thanks
RHNewfie There are 3 Types of People in the World
Those Born to Think Logically
Those that can Learn to Think Logically
Those that Shouldn't Try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back