Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB Replication fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

zen83

Systems Engineer
Apr 23, 2022
SY
Hi All
SV9100 connected by NetLink, 2CPus Primary and secondary in the same location
I have an alarm in SV9100 Type:
"DB Replication fails (Primary"
and Description is: Because Secondary is in programming mode, the replication of DB cannot be executed.
Suggested action is: Log out from the programming mode with Secondary.

But I didn't log in to the Secondary CPU
and try to login in and then logout from Secondary< but the alarm still appears in random period

In the secondary CPU have you confirmed there are no logins using Session Management? Alternately, give the 2nd CPU a reboot to see if this resolves the error.

WebPro will allow you multiple logins

Make sure you are not using default passwords. Backup the database. Reboot the system.

If you are using the defaults someone might be logged in.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Also, if you are a mixed CP20/CP10 netlink it will not replicate so you can turn it off.

Hi All
Thank you for your suggestion

actually, I Try all the notes with no good result

2 CPUs are CP20
I restart the system
firmware the same in two CPU
password not Default

I have noticed that sometimes there are issues with DB replication when logging into the primary CPU of the system.
also, I forgot to tell you that the system alarms record these alarms

1_b1ckue.png

Well, looks like you are losing ethernet at a link level. Bad patch cord or ethernet port? If the connection bounces you are going to have issues.

I had a customer who's contracted IT support changed out their data switch from a Cisco to a Ubiquity. There was something the Ubiquity didn't like about the SV8100. It would lose connection and the remotes would reboot at least twice an hour during the day and less often at night. Seemingly I think the amount of traffic had something to do with the frequency. The issue ended up being a setting on the Ubiquity switch. I had to explain to them that the PBX was more like a switch connected to the Ubiquity than an end device. There are multiple IP Addresses behind that one port on the PBX. Once I said that they connected to the switch and made a change that fixed the issue. I never did hear exactly what the setting was.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

A LOT of layer 2 switches have UDP flood protection. Cisco also has that stupid ancient CDP protocol that messes with all kinds of stuff. I have seen on 8100's the ethernet ports just not wanting to interface at proper speeds. I even had to slow it down to make it more compatible or put a small switch in to be able to wireshark and make it work right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back