Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB Maint Plan- error 8114

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuller772

Technical User
Jan 10, 2004
US
In the past I have had a Maint plan working for a small sql 2000 db. Recently I have lost the ability to specify a destination for the backup. When I try and specify a directory I get the following error:

Error 8114: Error converting data type to tinyint

I have no clue what would have changed, but I currently have to backup manually. Any help with this problem is very much appreciated.

Are you using the Database Maintenance Planner for this task, writing your own SQL code for this task, or using the "New Job" menu item in EM?

Given that your error seems related to a T-SQL datatype issue, I need to know exactly how you're trying to set up this maintenance plan in order to help you out.

Also, what are you entering for your destination directory?

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"The only stupid question is the one that *wasn't* asked.

Sorry, I am using a DB Maint plan. It has been working for quite sometime. Both the database backup and tran log backup section have the error.

The path is a local path, trying just to set it back to the way it was. If you need anything else, let me know.

It sounds like there's something in your local path that SQL seems to think is a datatype, but without knowing what you're entering into the system, I can't be sure.

Try deleting the plan and starting from scratch. Maybe that will help.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"The only stupid question is the one that *wasn't* asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back