Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB from 2003 to 2010 "On click" not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

sblanche

Technical User
Jun 19, 2002
US
I have a DB that was created in 2003. We have upgraded to 2010 and most of the Command Buttons "On click" will not work. When you click on the button it just sits there. On a form I have a very simply button that when you click on it, the data is to be saved and the form close. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Private Sub Command196_Click()

blnClose = True

DoCmd.Close acForm, "FRMCounMainTab", acSaveNo

First, check whether Access 2010 blocked the macro execution. If it did, you need to "Enable" it.
Second, on the form design mode, check whether the button's click event is linked to that procedure (in the Property page of that button).

Doesn't appear to be a Macro! Code does not run in 2007/2010 unless your database resides in a folder that has been declared a “trusted” location.

To trust your folder, click:

Office Button (top left)
Access Options (bottom of dialog)
Trust Center (left)
Trust Center Settings (button)
Trusted Locations (left)
Add new location (button)

Here's a visual for it, courtesy of BTAB Development:

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

That was the solution! It wasn't a "trusting" location (like some people I know--sorry different post).

thank you so much for the help. Tek-tips has save my sanity more than once.

Glad we could help!

Linq ;0)>

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back