Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB Design changes SCCS version 4 to 5 upgrade? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdr02125

MIS
Apr 22, 2005
US
Our call center will be upgrading from SCCS 4 to version 5. Can anyone tell me is the database design is different and how different in the new version? Or are the tables and fields mostly the same?

Most of our reports are designed inhouse and use SQL or Access to combine data from Symposium with complex data from our CRM. We don't use the canned reports much at all. I haven't been able to get an answer from the tech people who are still negotiating with the vendor (I just do reporting) - but if the database design is dramatically different between v4 and v5 I need to begin taking steps, at least to warn management there will be delays in deploying the new reports for v5.

Thanks for any advice,
Mark

I can confirm that the database design is almost identical between SCCS 4.0 and 5.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back