Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Daytimer 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMan22

Technical User
Jun 24, 2001
CA
Hi guys,

Kind of a weird question for an Access forum, but you guys have helped me out a lot in the past so I'm gonna try my luck again.

I have all of my Christmas labels stored in a program called Daytimer 2000. I had '99, deleted it off my computer and loaded the trial version of 2000 last year. I printed off the labels and tried to print them again this year but my trial version has expired. So I can't even access the data. I calld the company and they have discontinued the program.

So I'm stuck in a pretty tight bind; all of the information is stored in a format that can't be opened so I can't even copy it to outlook, etc.

Does anyone have a copy of this program (even the trial version would be great just so I could access my data)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Ryan.

This could be a long shot but if you know which file contains the label you could move that to a different directory Like C: Then uninstall DayTimer after that go into the registry and remove all references to the daytimer program. After all that is done empty your recyle bin if anything found its way there from the daytimer program. Shutdown and restart your computer. Then re-install The Daytimer Program. This will work as long as the development company did not put a lock date somewhere else in your pc or registry. But it is a way to get by trial periods, well not get by but reuse. If you are not sure about how to navigate or use the registry then I suggest you DON'T do what I just suggested. You may not be able to start your PC and / or lose valueble data

I also know on the web there are a load of hacker sites with keys and unlock codes for a lot of these trial versions of software. Maybe you could go to one of them and see if they have an unlock code for it. Sorry Idon't have the name of one off hand though. Mark

The key to immortality is to make a big impression in this life!!

Hey guys,

Thanks for the help. I actually found the file on an ftp site and downloaded it. The only problem that I'm having now is that when the trial version expired it corrupted my existing database (i.e. changed the extension from *.efl to *.dl_). So I can't get it open.

I need to change the file extension back to *.efl. Does anyone know how to do that?

are you sure it changed it? If you are positive that the .dl_ is the file you created then just change the extension by deleteing the dl_ and adding efl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back