Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

daylight savings 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

byrontel

Vendor
Jul 24, 2003
CA
Is there going to be a patch to correct the auto daylight savings time setup on the existng BCM's for the new dates this year?

Are you sure your ckicking the right place, it worked for me.

Nortel's patches may have bugs in them. That's impossible ! Nortel would never release a patch with a bug in it. Nortel's software is perfect !!

I have found the same thing. Clock changes internally but does not reflect on the phones. I think they need a patch to fix the patch to fix the patch.

Has anyone notified Nortel of this issue? Supposedly, if there is an known issue, Nortel isn't suppose to bill you for ETAS support and I was wondering if that was the case or if Nortel has backpedaled on that.

I'm not sure if there is any restrictions on the number of times that file can be downloaded. I can't upload the patches through my crappy home connection. If they need to be reposted let me know.

I don't have a system handy, but I wonder if this would be worth a shot.

Set the time on the system to March 11 at something like 1:58 AM. Let the clock advance past 2 AM, which should then roll the clock back to 1 AM, and see what happens. I wonder if there may be something in the system that sees the time change then propagates the time to the phones. If you've skipped the time change, the system might just be dumb enough not to write the new time change to the sets.

I can try this out Monday when I'm back in the shop. If it indeed doesn't work, I'll raise a stink with Nortel.

We'll I ran into this with a patch that I received from a nortel vendor.

I have a contact at Nortel and told them about it and I'm waiting to find out the verdict. As soon as I hear anything I'll let ya'll know.

biv343.....I was able to get the files after a couple of tries.Won't likely be doing much with them for a while yet but will keep an eye out here for any issues with Nortel patches.
One thing that occurs to me is the caller id function capability of correcting wrong times of day. If users have caller id, their time should always be correct as long as the central office is sending the right time.

Thank you

Actually the clock should roll to 3AM, not back to 1 AM as I had posted previously. I get easily confused.

I loaded all the updates on my lab system and the time did change and advance as described. Make sure all the dependency patches for the OAM update are loaded in the system.

I have a question.
Our vendor just replaced our BFT (bad caps) on ou5r BCM running 3.5 software and this is what he told me when I asked him about a patch for DST:

"There is no patch for the BCM’s from Nortel for the Day light savings. According to one of my technician’s replacing that base tray will take care of that."

Does this sound right to you guys?

I wish that were the case. If replacing the BFT updated the DST rules, then there wouldn't be very many BCMs out there that need updates.

Unfortunately it's the operating system that controls the clock. The OS resides on the hard drive, not the BFT.

There is a patch for 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7 systems as well as BCM 50 release 1.0.

You need to find a vendor that understands the BCM.

Cannot get to the patch. I get a message that the link has expired. Please post again, if you can. If you can't post thank you for the effort anyway.

NARSBARS

Of course that is what I thought. But I'm not certified on Nortel, allegedly, they are.. So I thought I should ask.
Thanks for the help Biv

Sorry to ask you to post this again, but could you please post the link to the BCM DST patch again. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
-Lee

None of my BCM50 patches worked. It changes the time internally but doesn't update the phones. 200/400/1000 worked fine. I installed all the prerequisite patches and under software update they are all there. Anyone else with this problem? Any solutions? Thanks

Yes had the same on some 50's.Fix was to do a hard reboot.
Then the phones picked up the correct time.

This is one time that I am going to be critical. Nortel should have had the system to reboot after this patch. I have had the same issue.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Hey you know how it is in the NORTEL test lab it works everytime... It's up to us here in the feild to find out the issues. If they could find and correct the issues in the lab then we would not have so many patches now. Just my 2 cents.

Ok here's me being stupid. I have BCM 200's rls 3.5, pulling time from NTP servers. My thought was since time was pulled from there the BCM's would automatically change, well they didn't. Infact the BCM's disabled the NTP function. I manually changed the time yesterday, all was good until this morning. Time is right back where it was, so I'm guessing a patch is in my future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back