Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Daylight saving time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupillo2

Technical User
Jun 18, 2008
US
We currently have an Option 81c (PBX System) but we are encountering an uncommon issue. The daylight saving time did switch over on Sunday 3/14/2010 morning but some how it switches back to the old time during the midnight routine. Any idea why?

had daily time adjustment been changed at all?

Set daily time adjustment
The time of day can be adjusted during the midnight routines to compensate
for a fast or slow system clock.
To print the current adjustment: TDTA X y
To set the adjustment: SDTA X y -- X Y
Legend
x = 0 (negative increment) or 1 (positive increment)
y = 0-25 second adjustment in increments of 100 ms

Yes, it was changed manually yesterday (3/15/2010) on LD 02 to the correct time (daylight saving time), but early today (3/16/10) we noticed it switched back to Mountain Standard Time.

Did you set the beginning and end for the schedule?

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

Yes, I did set the beginning and end for the schedule. I pull out a history report on LD 22, and I noticed it lost server connectivity at 01:16:22 on the first CPU switch over. The second CPU switch over was successful but the time switched to 0:16:26.

>LD 02
TFC000
.TDST
SDST ON
FWTM MAR 2 SUN 2 (AT 02:00 14/3/2010 )
BWTM NOV 1 SUN 2 (AT 02:00 7/11/2010 )

>LD 22
PT2000
REQ PRT
TYPE VHST
VHST[HST] DOWN BOT
VHST[HST] PREV 1200

% DROL001 DAILY ROUTINE END
% CCED LD135 END 01:16 16/3/2010
%
% SRPT123 MIDN: Starting graceful SWO from side 1 to side 0.
%
% SRPT048 DR: Master asked to stop updates and flush file system.
%
% CCED763 LCS: Graceful Switchover. Call Processing Stopped at 01:16:22
%
% SRPT118 CM: Server connection lost.
%
% SRPT021 LCS: hsp state changed from LcsHspStUp to LcsHspStDown.
%
% AUD000
%
% CCED762 SWO: Graceful switch-over from side 1 to side 0 completed
% Previous Graceful SWO: at 16/3/10 0:16:26

make sure you have patch 28064 installed on the CS - the patch has special instruction to it, so make sure it's followed.

Is this patch compatible with 5.5 rls software? Soon to be upgraded to 6.0 rls software.

Hey DocVic what number can I call you at???

How can we find whether or not we have this patch?

patch avail from 4.5 to 6
to view patch, login and access ld 143 and type mdp issp and look for 28064

Thank you yyrkroon for your expertise, patch 28064 is installed on our switch (option 81c). Any idea why this issue is occurring?

When you log into your Element Manager is the Set Time box greyed out, and the NTP service in the middle of the screen active? If so, turn off/disable the NTP service, you'll get a pop up advising that the service will be turned off an you'll be able to change the time. Once NTP is disable you should be able to adjust your time.

With the patch installed, DST setting should be define and on, on the PBX. In the SS, DST should be unchecked and verify your time zone and offset is correct, before saving the changes in the SS.

you may want to read the special instruction on the patch and verify it was followed when it was installed.

Hey Lupillo. I cannot provide contact info to you here, but I'm easy to find. at TSS-CO Technical Support Systems
TTYL

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back