Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Day End Process Fails And Closes Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

rschmitt

Programmer
Mar 21, 2006
US
I am having trouble with day end processing failing on an invoice and closing out the window automatically without error. Ran RVSpy and found that the error occurs and closes the day end view after it does a bulk put and then tries tries to read from ARIBT (Detail Comment/Intructions). I have inspected the invoice/shipment/and order record detail at all levels. The detail record is flaged 0 for no comments/instructions and no records exists for in the OECOINI, OECOINO, and OECOINS. Just applied SM 5.3b and AVATAX components. Any help is great. Thanks

Tax Services, AR, OE data integrity show up with nothing related. Along with this error, Accpac is not saving detail in AR Invoicing. When a new batch is created and and entry with detail is added Accpac automatically removed the detail but saves all the other related information (Header, Header Optional Fields, Payment Sched., ect) just not the detail. The detail that was added to the grid disappears. Once i click add and attempt to move to the previous entry it asks me to add the entry again. If I click add again it will save it without detail and move to the previous record. Sometimes doing the second add cause a runtime error in Accpac and closes out the AR form. I dont know if these problems are related or if some how the the updates are conflicting. But when i do the same transaction in sample company it will not give me an error or delete my detail. This tells me that it might be a data issue and not a version or file conflict. I am running 5.3A SP2 AR currently

OK, just to clarify, when you enter details in an AR invoice batch it is not saving the details and you get errors?
Sounds like data corruption of the AR invoice batch tables to me. IC dayend will also fail if you cannot enter AR invoice details in AR.
What database are you using? Pervasive, MS SQL Server, ...

I am using a SQL Server DB. Most of the time no errors occur just the occasional "Sorry for the inconvience Accpac has caused an error and will close now" error and closes the form. I did notice that Accpac says that my avatax component is not active to the company in sysinfo, even though it is operational. I agree on the data corruption. ran the DBSpy and RVspy it shows the inserts in the view for the detail but no delete. Maybe the view is not pushing data from memory to the database??

Avatax is a third party plugin for accpac. It was created by avalara / centry 21. It is used to automated tax calculation from avalara's web site tax rates.

Found the resolution, the table ACIMDTL had corrupt data. Thanks for the feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back