Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Daughter VM Server cannot see Mother VM Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

keatscon

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2007
US
I have two sites, Sight 1 with a ShoreGear 60/12, ShoreGear T-1 & A VM Server and sight 2 with a ShoreGear 40/8, ShoreGear T-1 & a VM Server.

The switches at both sights can all see each other and communicate with one another, however the VM server at sight 2 is unable to communicate with any of the devices at sight 1.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so what solution did you find to rectify the problem?

Regards,

Keatscon

If I understand you question correctly:

Normally, you install a second VM Server (in your case at Site 2) to handle VM calls at Site 2. This is so the VM traffic from Site 2 does not have to go over a network circuit (such as the case if there were only one VM system at Site 1).

What do you want the VM Server at Site 2 to do for the phones at Site 1?

Check your routing.

Is the DVM able to ping to site 1 devices? Are said devices possibly in a voice vlan that the DVM does not know the way to? Run a tracert from the DVM to the devices it cannot reach and see where the path dies...

Matt Wray

What do you see in the Quick View? It should show you there if the devices are talking properly, if not I agree with Matt Wray that it is likely a routing issue. Check all the settings for the server (ipconfig /all) and verify them against the config in the Shoreware director and against your remote site network specs.

As far as needing to see the other site I can see how that is important, but first things first check the Quick View and look for problems there, then check the network config on the DVM server then check to make sure traffic from that server back to the HQ server and shoregear switches is allowed by whatever WAN routing scheme you have in place. One of these is the answer.

Good luck.

EV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back