Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dates in Excel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortborg

Technical User
Jul 26, 2001
US
Hi,

I've been wrestling with thise one the past week or so, and now I've finally decided to seek help. :^)

I've got a database that needs to be sorted by date, but I have users without Access who need to be able to view it in Excel. Problem is, when I export a query to Excel using excel, the dates show up without any formatting in a different code than they are in Access. For instance, 9/26/83 becomes 30585. Is there a way to stop this? Any help is appreciated, thank you!

-Fort N'zur

How are you exporting it? And are you in 97 or 2000? A quick way to export that I know doesn't change the formatting is to open the query and choose tools, office links, analyze with MS excel. But that is why I asked how you are exporting, because if you are doing it through VBA or a macro, I have another idea. Dawn

Hi Dawn,

I'm exporting through a macro with the output function, and am using Access/Excel 2000.

-Fort N'zur

Use the TransferSpreadsheet action rather than the OutputTo action in the macro. Terry L. Broadbent
FAQ183-874 contains tips for posting questions in these forums.
NOTE: Reference to the FAQ is not directed at any individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back