Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

date/time format

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamwat

Technical User
Jul 8, 2005
AU
i am importing excel data which i want to display as minutes/seconds/hundredths, currently when i import the times they read as a time of day. is there a hundredths format code

jamwat,

You can set the format of a date field with;

hh:nn:ss:ms

that is the Hours, Minutes, Seconds and Milliseconds

Hope this help

UrbaneRove

when i use the ms format it actually returns a different value. a 1:07.893 time in excel returns 1:07.89 when i use nn:ss.00 and this gives me the coreect value. when i use nn:.ss.ms it returns 1:08.18 for some reason. the format that works for me in excel dosn't play ball in access
any ideas

i got that wrong, below is correct

when i use the ms format it actually returns a different value. a 1:07.893 time in excel returns 1:07.89 when i use mm:ss.00 and this gives me the correct value. when i use nn:.ss.ms it returns 1:08.18 for some reason. the format that works for me in excel dosn't play ball in access
any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back