Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Stamping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Sep 7, 2002
US
Hi,

I am have a form based off a query that returns certain results. One of my fields is a date field and anywhere from 2 to 200 results could be returned. It would be tedious to fill in all those dates so what I need is for it to automatically put the current date in that field, but at the same time have the Table that it is associated with it have the date stamped there too. I hope that make since.

All help is appreciated.
Toya

If you set the default value of the text box to =Date() it will always show the current date based on your system clock.

Spyder757

But won't that date that change as the days change. I need for the date not to change of those 2 to 200 records. If I run the query of the 8-oct-02, I want that date put in the table...And if I go look at it the next day I still want it to say 8-oct-02, not the 9th. But if that is all I have to do I thank you!

2176 , spyder is right if you add a new field in a table called dofenter and set the default value in the field on your form as date() and the control source as dofenter the date the record was added will be the date that is stored in your table. If on the other hand you do not set a control source every time you open the form it will display that days date.

[afro]Zeroanarchy Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back