Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Sorting

Status
Not open for further replies.

strom99

MIS
Nov 28, 2000
US
I have the following field <Transaction_Date> which looks like 08/06/2003. I created a variable in my report called varTransMonth

=FormatDate(<Transaction Date> ,&quot;Mmm yyyy&quot;)

When I use this in a cross tab the dates do not sort properly? They appear to be in alphabetical order, I have tried custom sorting by using the month option and that does not work either. Any ideas on how to get this to work?
Thanks Much!!

Ok strom I think I can help you
First in your cross tab above the line which includes your date create a new one.
Then create this var FormatDate(<Transaction Date> ,&quot;yyyymm&quot;) and add this var in your new line
Sort this new var by alphabetical order and then delete this line : your tab is ordered by chronological dates and it appears only your var.

Good luck !
Yan
Personal Consultant

Or else have Transaction Date also in the Cross Tab and do the sorting and once done just hide it using Right Crosstab - > Format Crosstab - > Pivot Tab and hide the desired object.

Sri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back