Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date restrictions in Access 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbishopjr

Technical User
May 24, 2002
US
Is there an easy way to query a table of dated events by week? Access offers sum by day, month, quarter, & year, but not week. I have a table that people enter data in each day, but I want the results exported to Excel totaled from Monday to Sunday of each week.

Also, a sidebar question, can you execute a macro in Excel from Access? I want to configure one button on my switchboard form to export this data to Excel and create a decent chart.

Thanks a million[bigcheeks]
Waymond

Use the DateDiff function.

Example: DateDiff("w",DateSerial(2001,12,31),[order Date])

This will count weeks into the current year starting at week 0 for 1st Jan. You can change your starting date to change the base.

Ken

Hi Waymond,

I've created an example file for you. Please email me to let me know when you're back to work, and I'll send you the file.

I hope you find this solution useful. Please advise.

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

Thank you both for your suggestions!!! Both were great ideas.
Dale, your file was unbelievable! I would like to ask you a question if you don't mind. I was trying to "reverse engineer" the thing and found the "=DCOUNTA(data,3,wk_1)" formula. How does that work, it looks pretty powerful if I can grasp it. It references row 3 of data, and wk_1 date restriction. Row 3 is BIC and the date restriction wk_1 works even though Excel has "#NAME?" in the "wk_1" range. I don't understand why it still works[sadeyes]...but it's pretty COOL anyway!
Thanks for any light you could shed, and regarding your e-mail, Canadians are pretty great, too! I think that our countries compliment each other very well. Thanks for the kind words about the good 'ol USA.

Waymond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back