Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Restriction 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

r2p2s3

Technical User
Nov 14, 2003
CA
Might someone have a resolve whereby we might restrict the transaction entry date to that of open periods only or at least provide a warning should someone enter a document date outside of the open period parameter?
For us, this pertains mostly to our A/P transaction entry.

There is a Dexterity addon that can be obtained from the Tools team in Fargo. Not sure if there are any costs involved.

Or you could write something with Dexterity or VBA yourself.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

I had our reseller contact GP in Fargo (Mindy Bakke | Partner Services Executive - North Central Region (US &
Canada) | Microsoft Dynamics | Microsoft Corporation | 701.492.6463)re this tool. Her reply was that they had no such tool.

Might someone provide me with a contact in Fargo that might know of this tool?

Thx

I just put in a Support Request at Customer Source. The chunk file is called Document Date Verify. Works great.

We just close the previous period, to prevent any postings. This is decscribed in their help file.

"In Great Plains, you can’t post to a period that has been closed in the Fiscal Periods Setup window. If it is necessary to post to a closed period, you can simply open the period in the Fiscal Periods Setup window and post the transaction."

Relying totalling on closing the periods, does not stop the transaction posting until you actually attempt to post. Using the Document Date Verify code, warns you during data entry and allows a correct at that time.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

An update. GP has admitted that they did write some custom code to accommodate this issue, however are now inquiring what is in the "set" file. I can't believe the hesitancy, someone has paid for it, pass the update on, we are paying huge annual mainentance fees, which I thought covered this!!

Thank you again to all those who have assisted.

i did a search in customersource for 'document date verify' and can't find the chunk file, also tried knowledge base. can you give us the link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back