Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Ranges/ WeekDays & Office Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealDels

Programmer
Jul 26, 2001
AU
Hi, I'm producing a whole pile of KPI statistics from a help desk system which pertain to service levels. My question is thus,

Does Crystal reports have any inbuilt functions for working out "working hours" between set date/times.
ie. I need to work out if a request took more than 40hours to complete where 40 hours may be from Wednesday 9am to the next Wednesday at 9am given 5days x 9am-5pm etc.

I can write functions to do it but I thought that defeated the purpose of have an "industrial strength" reporting tool like Crystal. So I'm guessing it should have something inbuilt for this purpose.

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help.

Dear TheRealDel,

Crystal Reports is an "industrial strength" program, that with a little programming know how - you can include any function you want.

"User Defined Libraries or UFL's can be created in C++ to make "homemade functions" available in Crystal. See the company website.

There are some UFL's available from as downloads that have been made by people like yourself. There is one called BusinessDays that returns a number of business days beteween two dates. It incorporates a text file that can be used to check against local public holidays, etc.

Have a look and have a go!

Cheers,

paulmarr@arcom.com.au

There is a UFL that you can download, but it requires that you maintain a text file for holidays.

I have written a pair of formulas in my FAQ on common formulas that might help. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Thanks, I'll have a crack at some of the sample report code but UFL thing is news to me and looks very interesting.

Thanks again,
Dels (The Real one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back