Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Range 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dembyg

Programmer
Oct 20, 2001
US
Hello all, I need someones assistance with a report ive created. I created a form which allows users to select a from and to date. I would like the next form which has an embedded crosstab report to display data within the date range selected. Ive add to my report a parameter field for a date range however i need help with getting the selected from and to date over to my embedded crosstab..

If you've one of the more recent versions of Crystal, you should be able to create a formula field that holds the value only if the date range applies, e.g.
Code:
if {your.date} in [@startdate to @enddate]
then {Your.value}
else 0
Create a crosstab to show the formula field value, rather than the orignal data value.

I am assuming you have some good reason for not putting the date range in the record selection, maybe records outside the range are needed for something else.

It always helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Thanks for you help... however i guess my question is how do i get the report to load with the selected start and end dates.

how do you load a report with parameters selected on a previous aspx page

If you have access to the parameters, put {your.date} in [@startdate to @enddate] in Report > Selection Formulas > Record.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back