Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

date range group by month 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlr123

Technical User
Feb 24, 2014
US
I have inserted a group by invoice date and "the section will be printed:" "for each month". However, It is printing the month every time a date changes to another day. within the same month. I need the group to group all details for the same month. i.e. Jan will show the detail section for 01/01/2021 through 01/31/2021.
NOT
Jan
detail with invoice date 01/01/21
then
Jan
detail with invoice date 01/15/2021
Thanks for your assistance.

I think you must have another higher order group that is forcing the repeats. What is your group structure? Try going into design mode and moving the month group above the other group.

-Lb

I only have one Group Header which is {AR_InvoiceHeader.InvoiceDate}(Date Time)
Thanks.

Take a look in design mode to see if you accidentally moved the group header into a detail section. If this is not the case, please show a screen shot of your report in design mode.

-LB

Picture1_zz2rbv.png

I think you should verify that the group is still on change of month by right clicking on the group header in design mode->change group and look at the bottom of the first screen. I'm wondering whether you actually grouped by datetime on change of day in the first tab and then only changed the display of the group header in the second tab (options) to change each month.

-LB

Understood. Thanks for your assistance!

If this is still not working, it could also because of how you linked tables--perhaps an invoice date to some other date that is forcing the recurring group.

-LB

No your last info corrected my issue. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back