Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitraMIS

MIS
Jun 22, 2004
US
Hello group;

How can I make date prompt not mandatory?

In one of the previous threads(913710) one of the users talk about leaving this field blank, but my system doesn't allow it.

TIA;

Mitra

PS. I'm using Impromptu 7.1

Mitra,

Look at FAQ401-2137 in the Conditional Filtering Statement section. You do this by setting the Date prompt to a value that would not normally be used, say 1900-01-01, and then in your filter, only apply a filter rule based on date if the date is NOT 1900-01-01. For Example:

Code:
 ...[i]start of filter[/i] AND 1 = if(?dateprompt? = 1900-01-01) then (1) else if(tran_date = ?dateprompt?) then (11) else (0) ...

Hope this helps,

Dave Griffin

The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]
Want good answers? Read FAQ401-2487 first!

Mitra,

Like I said in previous thread, it's possible to have a null value with macro. If you use a macro, you can define a prompt of date in string datatype. In this case, you can accept null value or a date format. In the filter you must transform a string in date type or transform a date in string format.

You can do this when you know that date is validate by user interface. In this case, you that string is in a right date format.

Gilles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back