Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali29J

Technical User
May 13, 2004
GB
Hasn anyone come across an issue with the "Date ()" code?? i have a dtabase which has just been implemented on a server, some work stations are fine, but others seem to have a problem with the underlying code, when the = date() is used.

Errors note says "Compile Error: Cannot find project or library"

Any one shed any light on this???

Ali

This is a sign of broken references.

You have referenced a library that some of your user's computers do not have. Make sure that all the referenced controls and/or libraries exist on all the computers.

Neal

"The Key, The Whole Key, and Nothing But The Key, So Help Me Codd!"

When in VBE (alt+F11), menu Tools -> References ...

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Hi sorry i am a little confused on this, I pulled up library list and there are hundreds, how do i know which one uses the VBA code "date

Double check for MISSING

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

If it still fails COMPACT & REPAIR your database.

If this still fails then create a new database and import everything from your current one into it.

Stewart J. McAbney | Talk History

thanks guys think I ve sorted it!

one other point along the date function, I am trying to use code that simply enters the date after combo box update, when I run the code using the now function, its fine, but the date function just returns a null entry

code

CurrencyDate.Value = Date - this returns a null entry
CurrencyDate.Value = Now - this returns a date but also time (the time part i do not want)

ANy thoughts? i have no missing references now or error message.

And this ?
CurrencyDate.Value = VBA.Date

Hope This Helps, PH.

Great that worked!!

so why did my original coding not work in this case? admitedly I have just updated computers, bu tpreviously i have used the original format and it worked fine?

thanks for your help anyway

Ali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back