Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredGB

Technical User
Sep 22, 2000
GB
Hi
I am using CR v9 and accessing a foxpro database via an ODBC connection.

I am trying to show how many months are due til next training requirement and have been successful in showing up to three months using the following formular :-

If sum ({@PAS11A1/Aout},{people.companyref}) >=1 then "T" else
if Maximum ({@PAS11A1/Arenewaldate},{people.companyref}) in Next30Days then "1" else
if Maximum ({@PAS11A1/Arenewaldate},{people.companyref}) in Next31to60Days then "2" else
if Maximum ({@PAS11A1/Arenewaldate},{people.companyref}) in Next61to90Days then "3" else
if Maximum ({@PAS11A1/Arenewaldate},{people.companyref}) in Alldatesfromtoday then "*" else
"X"

How can I add to this to show "4" "5" etc to "12" months countdown, i.e. 91 to 120 days then "4" etc.

Thanks

Fred

Do one formula to find the number of days between the date and now. Something like @Futuredays
Code:
Datediff("d", Currentdate, Maximum ({@PAS11A1/Arenewaldate},{people.companyref}))
Then test
Code:
if @Futuredays =< 30 then "1"
else if @Futuredays =< 60 then "2"
and so on

Madawc Williams (East Anglia)

Hi Madawc
You guys never cease to amaze me.
Worked a treat might get some R & R in now.

Sincerely

Fred

Running a daily report which tracks intake, production and backlog (for the current or previous day, depending on when the report is run), I also want to report cumulitive totals for the work week (starting Mondays), the month, the quarter and the calendar year. That means I have to determine start dates for each total (from this date, what is the date of the start of the week, month, quarter and year??).

Can someone suggest a formula (or a set of same) for doing the above??

tmozer, that really should be a new thread. There is no strong connection with this one.

Look up DateAdd to find out how to subtract whole months or quarters. There is also DayOfWeek, which gives you 1 for Sunday, 2 for Monday etc.

Also check the FAQs, and then use the Search function. I think you'll find fully worked out solutions for what is quite a common need.

Madawc Williams (East Anglia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back