Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizla

Programmer
Jun 12, 2001
GB

I have a report that gives a list records from a SQL database. I am trying to put in a date parameter to select by a Create_date field but this doesnt seem to be working.

If i change the parameter to a range value it returns records but only upto the selected end date and not including.

Is this a bug within Crystal or something to do with my database?

What is your record selection formula? Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

{Quotes.Create Date} = {?Date Range}

try "in" instead of = and let me know what happens. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

I am still getting the same result.

I've seen funky things with date range parameters. I generally try to avoid them and use two (one for start and one for end date).

If you must use the range, try using the dateadd feature to be sure to grab everything on your last date....

LMC cryerlisa@hotmail.com

select * from Management where proj_mgmt_skills <> NULL

0 records returned

Rizla,

Did you ever get this resolved? I have never had the problems Lisa has had with date range parameters. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back