Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date order from ascending to descending

Status
Not open for further replies.

lochew

Programmer
Jan 11, 2006
CA
Hey Everyone,

I’m just looking to find out if there is a switch or option that can be enabled within MSAS 2000 in order to change the date order from ascending to descending. I have a flat date that pulls 2004 -2006 dates (24 month rolling) and want MSAS to display the dates in a descending order… 2006 – 2004. I was looking at the "Order" function as an mdx solution. Any other thoughts? I also created a SQL view to sort descending but that didn't help.

Cheers

if you create a physical date dimension table you could include this as a member property. an order by column and set the ordinal values then specify this as the Order Column in the properties dialog in the DImensional editor ou may ant to go ahead and try to specify your date as a the order column and then set it to asc or desc as you need.

Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Hey MDXer...

I'll give it a try....do you know if 2005 has a toggle switch for Ascending or Descending...It would be a cool feature...especially on Date Dims…when you have no more billable time…lol

Cheers

Hey MDXer...

Is there no other way to perform this task...It's not looking so good...I haven't found much on asc or desc with respect to flat time dims....I guess no one has ever needed this before.... I'm not able to create a physical date dimension table...I already have a time dim within SQL but created a 24 month roilling DB view to limit the date range...now I need the date to be displayed within MSAS as the current date (May 25 2006) at the top of the date dim.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back