Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date not matching between data and header

Status
Not open for further replies.

knitwit

Technical User
Apr 14, 2003
US
Hi,
I have report under Crystal XI, 11.0.0.2495 connecting to Oracle 9i via odbc. I have a grouping based on a date field within one of my tables:Lease.doc_date. I have found that the group header field (and what shows on the tree) is a completely different date than what the field shows. I have located the field from the database and the group field on the same section (gh5) and they are different. Why? An example would be that the document date is actually 4/22/1993, but the header field shows 4/18/1993. I downloaded the latest service pack for release 1, installed and rebooted - but still no luck. I have also confirmed that the correct field is located in the group function.

Is this a known bug? The field is defined as "date" in Oracle.
Thanks for any help.

I found a work around - I created a formula of
Date (Year ({LEASE.DOC_DATE}),Month ({LEASE.DOC_DATE}) ,Day ({LEASE.DOC_DATE}) )
and this fixed my dates listed in the tree and header.

Why did I have to do this? Oracle keeps the date as a date/time field. Would that be the issue?

Thanks in advance for any comments

It looks like you were grouping by week. The group name would show the Sunday for the week containing your dates, so 4/18/93 is Sunday, while 4/22 is the Thursday contained in that week.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back