Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DATE INPUT 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil8

MIS
Mar 3, 2006
US
I'm using Visual Basic 2008 Express. I appoligize if I'm not in the right forum...

I'm working on a project and some of the users want simple text fields to input dates and some users want the datetimepicker.

Being new to VB programming and learning this myself - my question is can the datetimepicker be changed to work like a text field for users to type in the date so all the users will be happy?

Thank you for your time.

Sorry don't use 2008 but in VB2005, you can use the datepicker to do both calander and manual entry - I have set the 'Custom Format' to "dd/MM/yyyy" (euro date format) - vb Month = MM, minute = mm, and then 'Format' = Custom, but it will work for 'Format'=Short when you enter the control just type a date as normal '01/01/2009' it even works with 1/1/9.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It’s already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

Thanks, I don't why I couldn't get it to work yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back