Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

date function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timme1

Technical User
Oct 6, 2002
BE
Hello everyone

I use the rule:
label1 = date

It works on one pc, but not on another, and I use the same program?
What would be the reason?

Thanks in advance,

Timme

A little more informations as to what it does would be helpful - does it give an erro, not update, etc?

hello,

The error says :can't find object or library.

The function places the current date in the label.

It's very strange, since it works on one pc, but not on the other.

Thank you in advance,

Timme

How did you install your program onto the other machine? [/b][/i][/u][sub]*******************************************************
General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

I just used the file with the code, thus the projectfile, of my friend. We use the same disk to work on.

Suddenly , it doesn't know the date function anymore

Thank you in advance,

Timme

The only times I encounter something like this is when 1) the computers have different versions of VB installed, or 2) you compile it to a .exe on a computer with VB installed, then try to run it on a computer that does NOT have VB installed without using something like the P&D wizard. I'll be hapy to take a look at it if you want to email it to me - the entire thing (forms and all), so I don't have to try and recreate anything - that would defeat the purpose. Steve@nwjinsurance.com - make SURE the subject line is "tek-tips vb project" - our email junk mail filter is pretty aggressive.....

Get yourself the VB6 Runtime that will fix your problem.
It will install this file msvbvm60.dll. It contains the Function.

>I just used the file with the code, thus the projectfile, of my friend. We use the same disk to work on.

I understand by this that both computers have VB already installed and the code is being ran in the IDE.

Timme1 has to be clearer on what is happening and provide more information first. [/b][/i][/u][sub]*******************************************************
General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

CCLINT, I have to say that I agree with you. However the Date function is part of the VB Runtime, and for all intensive purposes it may have become corrupted. That is why I recommended that he reinstall it. It may not solve his problem, and certainly the way you are explaining it Timme1 is a bit ambigious.

That's it I'm done. Hee Hee

Timme1,
You may get better answers if you read faq222-2244

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back