Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

date function no result

Status
Not open for further replies.

tecassitant

Technical User
Dec 30, 2002
US
i have one table which hold certain details like date ,name,address etc.now i want to code in such a way if a button is clicked in the form it should give me current date in (mmyyday format i.e its result should be like 020201 this)and it should check for the next date in the date field and if the month of the previous date is the same then the current date field should increment by one that is (if date field as follows then if in the form say
01/01/01 we have created a button like [yes]
02/01/01
19/01/01
30/01/01
11/02/01
19/05/01
if seeing these details in the form and if button [yes] is pressed it should display (after seeing one date [yes] button is pressed and it should give coressponding current date)and this continous till the end of the table)

current date for 01/01/01 if pressed yes display 010101)
02/01/01 010102
19/01/01 010119
30/01/01 010130
11/02/01 020111
19/05/01 050119
that is it should check for the first date in tha date feild and it should return the value as the above and after that it should check for the(date field in next record and see for the month of the previous and year of the previous and display as i typed above.
this is the task can this be done if yes please provide me with nessecary coding s in this.
and one more thing in the form after viewing the date there will be a command button and if that is clicked only it should display the result in the same form or in another form .thats not an issue
any help in this case will help me a lot

thank you
krishnakumar.B

Mmmm. Sorry, I have had a couple of very busy days. I need to know exactly where the overflow is happening. What would be better is if you email me a db with some test data and an explaination of what it is you are trying to do and what the error is. What line gives the overflow error?

email it to jwdconsulting@shaw.ca and I will look at it and have it back to you by tomorrow. Otherwise I will be unable to do anything until Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back