Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Formatting for OWC/Pivot Table RowAxis field

Status
Not open for further replies.

dldev

Programmer
Sep 4, 2007
US
Hello,

I am currently returning the date from an Cube Dimension into an OWC Pivot Table as such:
2008-01-30 00:00:00

I have been researching how to apply a short date format (mm/dd/yyyy) on the web page as such:

RowAxis.InsertFieldSet(FieldSets("Request Open Date")).NumberFormat = "Short Date";

But this does not work, and the cube dimension was set-up in such a way as I cannot create a calculated member for this. This field needs to be on the RowAxis only anyway.

Could someone please suggest an alternative or something I haven't discovered that would enable me to apply the short date format to this field in the pivot table? I'm aware of string formatting like Response.Write("<br />2 = " & FormatDateTime(Date, 2)), but this doesn't work for the pivot table fields. In any case, I am stumped at this point and would really appreciate some help.

Sorry for the crosspost, I felt that I should have posted this here to begin with and not the ASP forum.

Thanks in advance,
Dennis

I figured it out. In the member name column in the Dimension Editor:

CONVERT(CHAR(10),"dbo"."date_dim"."the_date",103)

Thanks everyone for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back