Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date format

Status
Not open for further replies.

petergroot

Programmer
Oct 23, 2002
NO
Hi,
I let the user input a date in the calender dirct-x control, but i want to format the date to a long date (f. ex. 10 oktober 2002) but when i use cdate(date), then i get 10.10.2002 as ouput.
Can somebody help me out here?
Thanks in advance, Peter

cdate(expression) will convert the 'expression' - usually a string - into a valid VB date object. The default print format for a date is server configurable (via control panel), and for you it is 10.10.2002.

Try the formatDateTime(date, fmt) function, this will display the date parameter with the chosen format - of which there are only about 5 options.

Unlike VB6, which has a really powerful 'format' function, the only other way to format a date (even in JavaScript) is to extract each part of the date (Day then Month then Year) and string together the values. To convert the month to a name you will need an array with the month names.
(Content Management)

Yes, that was exactly what i was looking for.
Thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back