Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordiedave4

Technical User
Jan 3, 2005
GB
I have a strange problem with a user running Lotus Notes 6 on a Windows XP machine.
In her Inbox the date is shown in mm/dd/yyyy format and not dd/mm/yyyy.
I have checked the regional settings in Windows and they are set to UK English with the date format as dd/mm/yyyy.
I tried replacing her design, reinstalling Lotus Notes and nothing has any effect.
If you open her mailfile up on another machine its looks fine. If you open up anyone else's mailfile on her PC the date is shown incorrectly mm/dd/yyyy.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is this a Notes problem or Windows?

I would check the Regional time settings in XP. Then, check the Notes.ini file on the local PC. Check the Time Zone, DST and Region settings.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

John

Thanks John
The regional time settings are correct in Windows XP
Here is the settings in the notes.ini file, I think they are correct.

Timezone=0
Region=en
DST=1

I checked these against my PC in which the date is correct and they match.

Any more ideas?

Try making a backup of the notes.ini (notes.old), close the Notes client, strip the notes.ini (remove everything below the "Directory=" statement) and save it, open Notes and fully configure. Test. If you have negative results, you can shutdown Notes, delete the current .ini and rename notes.old. I've resolved some wierd Notes issues with this approach before. Give it a shot and keep me posted.

Rgds,

John

Already tried that John. Removed Notes.ini, names.nsf, bookmark.nsf etc and re-ran the client setup wizard.
This created a new notes.ini but the problem still remains.
Its becoming a real puzzler.

What about a new Calendar Profile?

Rgds,

John

Hi Georgiedave4
I would suggest you to check Windows registry for the regional settings key for every user who have ever logged on the workstation.
Check, whether all the keys store the same regional settings. If no, correct them to the proper values. Restart the workstation.
I have the same problem, but with the server.
I hope it will help you

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back