Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Format in Access 2000 from (20010119) to 1/19/2001 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tav1035

MIS
May 10, 2001
US
How can I change the Date Format in Access 2000 from (20010119) to 1/19/2001 without touching every date.
I have about 65,000 dates with this format and it's not easy to read. These are in a column called Date_Received.
These were pulled from another database and imported somehow to Access. I could even email a partial file to someone for example if needed. I have tried using the design view to change the format to dates, but had no luck.
Any suggestions to post this else-where?

Hi tav1035,

I have been down this road....

Design an update query. Bring down the Date_Received column. In the update field, enter this string...

Mid([Date_Received],5,2) & "/" & Right([Date_Received],2) & "/" & Mid([Date_Received],3,2)

This should accomplish your goal....

HTH,

Griz

By the way...

Test this on one specific record before you run it on all of them. I would hate for there to be some extra spaces in the field length that threw everything off or something...

HTH,

Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back