Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

smalty

Technical User
Jan 9, 2005
GB
I have a form that includes a 'Date From' and a 'Date To' field. These values are passed to a selection query. I don't have a problem when these fields are used ie. dates are entered by the user. My problem is I want the user to be able to leave these fields blank and have the query select all records. I know it's probably really simple to solve .....just cannot get my head round it.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Smalty

What is your actual SQL code ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

SELECT tClient.FullName, Sum(tFeesComms.TotFeesCommGross) AS SumOfTotFeesCommGross, Sum(tFeesComms.TotFeesCommNet) AS SumOfTotFeesCommNet, Sum(tFeesComms.OnGoingGrossFee) AS SumOfOnGoingGrossFee, Sum(tFeesComms.OnGoingNetFee) AS SumOfOnGoingNetFee, Sum(tFeesComms.TotRemunerationGross) AS SumOfTotRemunerationGross, Sum(tFeesComms.TotRemunerationNet) AS SumOfTotRemunerationNet
FROM tClient INNER JOIN tFeesComms ON tClient.ID = tFeesComms.ClientID
GROUP BY tClient.FullName, tClient.ClientStatus, tFeesComms.AdviceDate
HAVING (((Sum(tFeesComms.TotRemunerationGross))>0) AND ((tClient.ClientStatus)="Signed Up") AND [highlight #EF2929]((tFeesComms.AdviceDate) Between [Forms]![Switchboard]![DtFrom] And [Forms]![Switchboard]![DtTo]));
[/highlight]

SELECT tClient.FullName, Sum(tFeesComms.TotFeesCommGross) AS SumOfTotFeesCommGross, Sum(tFeesComms.TotFeesCommNet) AS SumOfTotFeesCommNet, Sum(tFeesComms.OnGoingGrossFee) AS SumOfOnGoingGrossFee, Sum(tFeesComms.OnGoingNetFee) AS SumOfOnGoingNetFee, Sum(tFeesComms.TotRemunerationGross) AS SumOfTotRemunerationGross, Sum(tFeesComms.TotRemunerationNet) AS SumOfTotRemunerationNet
FROM tClient INNER JOIN tFeesComms ON tClient.ID = tFeesComms.ClientID
WHERE tClient.ClientStatus)="Signed Up"
AND (tFeesComms.AdviceDate>=[Forms]![Switchboard]![DtFrom] OR [Forms]![Switchboard]![DtFrom] IS NULL)
AND (tFeesComms.AdviceDate<=[Forms]![Switchboard]![DtTo] OR [Forms]![Switchboard]![DtTo] IS NULL)
GROUP BY tClient.FullName, tClient.ClientStatus, tFeesComms.AdviceDate
HAVING Sum(tFeesComms.TotRemunerationGross))>0

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

That works now when no dates are entered but if dates are entered nothing is selected

Apologies.......it is working.............thank you for your very prompt help

regards
Smalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back