Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date field on invoices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2003
US
Another question maybe... I am a professional services firm and most invoices rely on billing according to the date services are performed. I can't find anything that allows me to add a date field.

Is this possible?

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

HI again,
We are similar, and I looked for this for a long time. We ended up using the purchase order field for the work date. Shows up on our crystal reports that we give people, but not sure how sortable it is (haven't played with that at all). Some people end up with non-date info in this field. They can see that the invoice date is X (say 6/1/05) and the work date is Y (say 5/3/05) and then they know that the doctor doing the billing was late in turning in an invoice and not that we are double billing. Depending on how you do things, you might also be able to do an invoice number as the date? We use preprinted forms, so need the serially numbered invoice number.
Chris Cripps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back