Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Field Missing in Catalog Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claude12275

Programmer
Aug 27, 2003
US
I have added a new VIEW from a database in the list of tables in my Catalog. There is field which is a date field that shows up when I opened that table in the program to add that table to the Catalog. BUT it doesn't show up when I open the folder that is created. All other fields are showing up in the folder except that one. I even tried to generate that field manually in the folder, but nothing works. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Hi,

you will need to go catalog/folders in Impromptu and generate a folder from that view. The new folder will have all columns from the view.

Vlad

I have tried that, and the date field is still missing

Pls do the below steps
1. Select tables from the Catalog menu
2. From the Edit tab, double click the schema name and select the database tables/view and select the new field.
3. Click the Add--> button and see if you can view the new field in the Catalog folder.

Time is Running... Act Fast [hourglass]

Claude,

A little help here: what is your version of Impromptu, your database type and version, and OS on your computer?

Also, look under the menu option Catalog | Tables and find your view in the right-hand pane. Open the table(view) and confirm that the missing date column is there. Then click on the verify button and see whether Impromptu sees a conflict between the database column and the Impromptu type. This is not totally accurate, as a catalog can show errors here and still work fine, but if an error shows up, I would drop the column and re-add it just to make sure.

Regards,

Dave Griffin

The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]
Want good answers? Read FAQ401-2487 first!

I have tried both previous solutions and nothing works. I can see the field when I open my table in the catalog, but I cannot see it when I open my folders or when I go to create a report.

I am using Impromptu 7.0.702.0 on a computer using Windows 2000. The database is a DB2 Version 5.2 on an AS400 computer.

You might have tried this already. But, just in case see if this helps. Backup your catalog and try the below.

1. Open your Catalog file
2. Select Folders from the Catalog menu
3. Select and highlight the folder name and click Cut
4. Ensure that this folder is now gone from your catalog folder.
5. Now, from the Catalog menu select Tables
6. Remove the table/view from the Catalog tables.
7. From the Database tables now add the table/view again to the Catalog tables.
8. Add the requried join
9. Go back to the folders and see if the all the field including the new one is visible.

Time is Running... Act Fast [hourglass]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back