Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Diff between two records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creakinator

Programmer
Jun 30, 2011
US
I'm brand new to CR and need to do a turn around time report. CR11 with a SQL database.

Here's the pertinant data: Table name is x_approval
CASE# User_name Approval_Type Assigned_Date Esig_date
11-01855-N-01 GEORGE ANALYST 3/24/2011 7:23:06 AM 4/11/2011 10:03:33 AM
11-01855-N-01 MARY TECH_REV 4/11/2011 1:08:17 PM 4/11/2011 1:10:07 PM

I've created a CR report that shows this
Template (as a group (This field is from another table - cases))
Case# (as a group)
User_Name Approval_Type Assigned_Date Esig_date (as my details fields)
so that I have
Unit Name
11-01855-N-01
GEORGE ANALYST 3/24/2011 7:23:06 AM 4/11/2011 10:03:33 AM
MARY TECH_REV 4/11/2011 1:08:17 PM 4/11/2011 1:10:07 PM

I need to be able to find the date difference between the Analyst's Assigned_date and the Tech_Rev Esig_date, then I need to show the average turn around time for the Template group.

I'm so new to CR and I'm a bit lost right now.

Thanks for your help.

Christy

This is what I just tried following what was in I made two formulas:
@fmAnalystAssignDate which is: if {X_APPROVAL.APPROVAL_TYPE} = "ANALYST" then {X_APPROVAL.ASSIGNED_DATE}

@fmTechEsignDate which is: if {X_APPROVAL.APPROVAL_TYPE} = "TECH_REV" then {X_APPROVAL.ESIG_DATE}
I put the formulas in the details area of the report and I guess I can suppress them so they don't show?

Then I did another formula:
@fmDateDiff which is: DateDiff ("d",{@fmAnalystAssignDate}, {@fmTechEsignDate})
and put it in the group for the Case#, but I'm getting zeros for the answer to this formula.

Am I on the right track? What am I missing?

Thanks.

Christy

Assuming you have a group on case, your formula should be:

DateDiff ("d",maximum({@fmAnalystAssignDate},{table.case#}), maximum({@fmTechEsignDate},{table.case#}))

-LB

Thank you! That worked. And thanks for the quick response. I'll probably be back with more questions as I have lots of reports to design and the best way for me to learn is to get in and do it.

Christy

One more question on this - how do I do an average on this the @fmDateDifffield? I tried to make a formula, but the @fmDateDifffield still didn't show.

Thanks.

Christy

Average at what level? For the entire report?

-LB

Oops. Sorry. At the Template group level. I need to show the average turn around cases per template (which corresponds to a section at my work).

I have two groups: the top one is the Template, the next one is the case#. I put the @fmDateDifffield in the group footer for the Case# group level and supressed the details of the report.

Thanks.

Christy

Create these formulas:

//{@reset} to be placed in the template group header and suppressed:
whileprintingrecords;
numbervar sumdiff;
numbervar cnt;
if not inrepeatedgroupheader then (
sumdiff := 0;
cnt := 0
);

//{@accum} to be placed in the case# group footer and suppressed:
whileprintingrecords;
numbervar sumdiff := sumdiff + DateDiff ("d",maximum({@fmAnalystAssignDate},{table.case#}), maximum({@fmTechEsignDate},{table.case#}));
numbervar cnt := cnt + 1;

//{@display} to be placed in the template group footer:
whileprintingrecords;
numbervar sumdiff;
numbervar cnt;
if cnt <> 0 then
sumdiff/cnt

-LB

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you to give my thanks for your help - this was a holiday weekend. Your formulas worked for me.

Christy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back