Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

date conversion - applysimple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSTRDUDE

Programmer
Feb 26, 2004
US
i have a date in format of 12/01/1999. i would like to convert this into dec 1st 1999. can anyone help me with what the applysimple syntax in sql server? Any help suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

I am not sure if I am getting this right but if you are using Microstrategy as your name suggests you should be able to format the date in the report. i.e. FORMAT -> <DATE> -> Values. There change it to the format you want.

I agree with asudevil. If you don't like the formats that they give you for date go to the custom setting and type in the format you want. The only thing I can't get is the "st" from "1st". The format I used in the custom was just "mmm dd yyyy".

If you need the "st","nd","rd","th" you will need to add a case statement or decode in your apply simple. Also depending on your DB you will need to do the same for the month abbreviation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back