Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date being transposed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glowworm27

Programmer
May 30, 2003
US
Hello Gurus

I have an odd problem that just reared its ugly head.

I have a .Net Service calling a stored proc, the stored proc runs a DTS package to import date into our SQL Server.

The .Net services passes a datetime value '09/01/2004' and a Filename to the Stored Proc.

The Stored Proc then runs the DTS, and sets the Global Variables in the DTS Packages that I pass into it.

It has been working flawlessly until Sept 1st. Now the DTS package runs but thinks the date is 1/9/2004 and not 9/1/2004, I checked it today , and it should be importing as 09/02/2004, but the DTS Package is thinking its 2/9/2004.

Now I can't tell if the stored proc is transposing the date, or the DTS package.

When I set the Date and run the DTS package manualy its fine, and thinks its the correct date.

I checked the Region Settings on the SQL Server and the short date is formated to be mm/dd/yyyy, so its not a region setting.

Now I am passing the date in as a string, then its being passed to a string variable, and being inserted into a DateTime Column in the database.

anyone fimiliar with this type of error? or why it is doing this????

Thanks

George Oakes
Check out this awsome .Net Resource!

if the .NEt service is runned from a diff box then sql server please check the regional settings at that box as well

Has the colation changed on the SQL Server? Either on the server, database, table, or columns?

Denny

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back