Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date and Time picker call error

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxrainer

Programmer
Jan 10, 2002
US
My program makes use of several DateTime picker objects. They run great under the VFP machine, but not in machines which do not have VFP installed. I did, BTW, copy MSCOMctrl2 into the Windows/System32 folder of the non-VFP machine

The error is as follows: "OLE IDispatch exceptioon code 0 from DTPicker: An error occurred in a call to the Windows Date and Time picker control..."

Any helpp would b greatly appreciated.

Rainer

I did, BTW, copy MSCOMctrl2 into the Windows/System32 folder of the non-VFP machine

Can I assume you also registered the Activex? If not try registering it.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Mike,

sorry for the ignorance,

but,

could you tell me how?

Rainer

Depending on the version your are using.

Use this in your DOS prompt or Start - >Run

Code:
regsrv32 'c:\Windows\System32\MSCOMCTL.OCX'.

Or 

regsrv32 'c:\Windows\System32\MSCOMCT2.OCX'.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Rainer,

The fact that you got an OLE IDispatch error suggests that the control was correctly registered. If it wasn't, you would not have got there far (but I'm not sure about that).

If registering the control doesn't solve the problem, use the debugger to figure out which line of code caused the error. If you could then post the code in question, somebody might spot the reason.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

Mike and Mike,

again, thank you for both of your inputs.

Mike L. - you are correct - the COM was installed - I checked under my Access files and the Date/ time picker works flawlessly.

Unfortunately, I can not install VFP on the boxes where I get the error as they are State computers and will not allow application installation and it does not produce the error while under VFP.

Hmm?

Rainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back