Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DataWindow print only footer band

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdong

Technical User
May 5, 2016
VN
Environtment
PowerBuilder ver: 10.5
Printer: Microsoft XPS document Writer

I write a simple application for testing printer. A main window has a datawindow with hard-code-data.
Datwindow in free form
Text object: Report in Header band
Text object: Title in Detail band
Text object: Operator in Summary band
Text object: Window name in Footer band.

When application started, i press print button (using PrinOpen, PrintDataWindow, PrintClose) only data in Footer band can be printed. Other data disappeared.
Please help me?

I wonder if you get the same results if the script for the print button was something like:
printsetup()
dw.print() (dw being your datawindow name)

Dom

Code:
mbalent (Programmer)5 May 16 12:36
And the information is in the datawindow on the window before you press the print button?
Before printing, i've already inserted one row into datawindow.

Code:
Dom71555 (IS/IT--Management)5 May 16 15:10
I wonder if you get the same results if the script for the print button was something like:
printsetup()
dw.print() (dw being your datawindow name)
I've already try [datawindow].print() and get the same result (only footer band printed).

Printer: Microsoft XPS document Writer can only print footer band. And I try using another printer such as snagit printer, the whole datawindow printed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back