Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datawindow does not have update capability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Jul 7, 2005
GB
Hi,

I am getting the above message but the datawindow does have update capability. I have checked Key columns, Use update and selected the correct fields to be updated and check that the primary key is correct, but this error still shows when I try to save. Anyone have any other ideas?

Is your datawindow inherited from the PFC by chance?

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time

No it isn't. The actual window is inherited from u_tabpg_entity which has a dw on it (dw_main) but the dw that I am having problems with is another dw which is not inherited. At least when I click on the dw the name field in properties states the name only, so this is why I say it is not inherited.

Check if the Identity column(found at the bottom of the popup box) is set to '(None)'. See if that works.

Have you for any chance another datawindow(s) in the object? The problem could be in another dw.

Hi,

Take a look at the Update Properties on the Rows menu for when you have the datawindow opened. When you add a new column sometimes the update properties get turned off.

Computergeek

I have tried all of the above but the only problem is that I stated the dw was not inherited it is inherited fron u_dw which is unherited from pfc. mabalent asked me this back in Dec, could you please expand on this....what do i check for as it is inherited. Thanks,

I have been looking into this further and when I do a search on the window from the tree and type the name of the dw control as well as other occurences of the dw control there is an odd one that I can not seem to edit as the others the format in the return results is: .pbl(u_tabpg_tab_name).u_tabpg_tab_name: dw_1 dw_1. (where dw_1 is the troublesome dw control) usually returned results are editable and look like: .pbl(u_tabpg_tab_name).of_function_name. line_number: details and u can double click & open these occurrences..... Also in search results I've found 'this.dw_1 = create dw_1' which is uneditable, & I can't find this code. This must be relevant to my problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am under pressure to complete this asap. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back