Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datatypes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMan

Programmer
Apr 13, 1998
US
When I submit a question of length over 255, I get an error saying that implicit conversion from text to varchar is not allowed. The column is text datatype, like the reply column. I am not having this problem with the replies. What's going on?

Why not forward this as a feedback directly to their Webmaster/Administrator?

Actually, I found the problem....It was in this web page. It turns out that when I tried to access the record, it was trying to return the question as a varchar type instead of the text type it was assigned to. The error message I got did not indicate which query (of several) was giving me the problem and the select query mentioned was the last place I expected the error to be in. (Besides, being the administrator, I had no one to forward it to, so I posed the problem to the users :) Thanks, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back