Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datastore taken offline : How long do you get to sort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LloydGill

MIS
Nov 18, 2004
GB
Hello,

this weekend, our farm SQL datastore was taken off line by mistake. When it was time for people to start using the published applications, less than 48 hours later, no one could log in. Once the datastore was put back on line, everything was fine.

I thought you had 96 hours where the servers would use the local host cache and continue to service requests. Is this 96 hours correct?

Thanks,

Lloyd

You are right, 96 hrs is in the citrix documentation but in reality could very well take a different turn...

Sometimes, you just have to forget your head and grab your balls ...!

It depends what citrix software you are running. At XP SP2 I think you have 48 hrs rising to 72 and then to 96.

[blue] This industry suffers from the three four P's People Profiles and Printers and planks with D at the start.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Well I use PS3. So in practice, if the datastore is taken off line, users will have problems well within that 96 hour period?

I better re-visit my Disaster Recovery docs!

No for PS3 it should be 96 hrs.

[blue] This industry suffers from the three four P's People Profiles and Printers and planks with D at the start.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back