Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

datastore message

Status
Not open for further replies.

seapro220

MIS
Feb 13, 2004
US
Hello. i have 3 servers running a sql datastore on win2k with service pack 3 and citrix xpe. i'm adding another one and am confused about the message that i'm receiving - data store exists, overwrite? . i changed the servers from 'local' store to sql about a year ago and don't have any documentation from that timeline. what are the settings for sql server, and should i 'overwrite' ? is this question about overwriting the datastore?
thanks.
mark

it sounds like you are telling the server to create a new farm with the same name as the existing. MAKE SURE you are joining an exising farm.

i definately have selected the 'join' farm. here's the options ..
1. connect directly to the data store and use default zone name - next
2. the systems 'autoselects' the name of the store-mf20.dsn. i enter a description and 'point' to the existing sql server name. - next
3. i'm using (domain admin) windows nt authentication [don't remember what i used the first time] and select next
4. what options are supposed to go here? change to default, attach, etc? maybe this is my error -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back