Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datasource problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eladi

Programmer
Sep 4, 2001
AU
I know, this problem isn't new - and yes, I read through plenty of posts in this and the mm forum. Nevertheless, my problem isn't solved.

My CFMX Dev. version does not let me connect to the datasource anymore. It's the error:

----
Connection verification failed for data source: travellogs
[]java.sql.SQLException: SQLException occurred in JDBCPool while attempting to connect, please check your username, password, URL, and other connectivity info.
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: SQLException occurred in JDBCPool while attempting to connect, please check your username, password, URL, and other connectivity info.
-----

I work on XP2000 Prof. Funny thing is, I was working with coldfusion already and then suddenly, the datascources are not being recognized anymore. I tried all hints in the post (checking drivers ms access and odbc socket, setting the datascource in the odbc admin of windows), I even reinstalled CFMX. No positive results.
In the CFAdmin, CF does not even recognize its own sample sources anymore. Even when newly installed.

Does anybody have a solution that works for this? I came accross this one:

----
The problem might be that you are using a Windows account, not a specific username and password created in SQL Server itself. Windows authentication won't work with the JDBC driver, so you'll have to create a user for CFMX to connect as in SQL Enterprise Manager.
----

How do I do this?

All help is REALLY appreciated! I need to develop an application. Tnx in advance.
Adrian

Tnx in advance.
Adrian
(Travel website)

You can change the information in your DSN. Go to administrative tools and edit the DSN select radio button that is not for windows auth, and enter you username and password for the datbase. Click test connection on the next page then if it passes your contection in MX should look like this.

<cfquery name=&quot;name&quot; datasource=&quot;DSNNAME&quot; username=&quot;Username&quot; password=&quot;password&quot;>

- hope this helps

Wes

It's my understanding that you can't connect to ANY of the databases, correct?

What version of MX are you running? Is it MX or MX 6.1? If it's MX, do you have updater 3 installed? There was a known bug in MX that would display this error message when this wasn't actually the error.

Most likely, though, it sounds like a login issue with SQL Server. Do you have a login set up on SQL Server or are you trying to use Windows Authentication? As the error suggests, you can't use Windows Authentication across a JDBC connection. On your SQL Server, create a new user for this database (if you don't already have one), and set it as Owner of the database. Then, in the CF Admin, set that username and password in your datasource connection. Don't specify a username and password in your <cfquery> tags, let CF pass that info through the datasource connection.

You may have already tried this. If so, let us know the results.

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb

&quot;Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.&quot; - Homer Simpson

Ok, so with the update installed, the above mentioned problem is solved. However, there seems still something to be strange strange. I still got a datasource error, although a different one. The thing is, it works at my PC in the office, at the two pcs my partner uses and online. This indicates (for me), that there's still something wrong with my mx servers settings.
Here's the error, any idea?

---
Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Executing Database Query.
[Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Wenn Sie eindeutige Werte (continent) auswählen, darf darin kein Memo- oder OLE-Objekt enthalten sein.

The error occurred in C:\CFusionMX\ line 9
Called from C:\CFusionMX\ line 6
Called from C:\CFusionMX\ line 11
Called from C:\CFusionMX\ line 38
Called from C:\CFusionMX\ line 9
Called from C:\CFusionMX\ line 6
Called from C:\CFusionMX\ line 11
Called from C:\CFusionMX\ line 38

7 : </cfquery>
8 :
9 : <cfquery name=&quot;kontinentanz&quot; datasource=&quot;#ODBC_Datasource#&quot;>
10 : SELECT DISTINCT continent FROM usergallery
11 : </cfquery>

SQL SELECT DISTINCT continent FROM usergallery
DATASOURCE reiseportal
VENDORERRORCODE -3101
---

Tnx in advance.
Adrian
(Travel website)

Um...do you think you could translate it for us? :)

---
Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Executing Database Query.
[Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Wenn Sie eindeutige Werte (continent) auswählen, darf darin kein Memo- oder OLE-Objekt enthalten sein.

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb

&quot;Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.&quot; - Homer Simpson

Sorry, sure. The red section says:

If you select unique values (continent), memo- or OLE-objects must not be included.

Tnx for your trouble, Ecobb.

Like I said, this should not be a syntax/programming error - as the very same application runs without error on 4 other pc's/servers.

Tnx in advance.
Adrian
(Travel website)

Ok, try this:

In the ColdFusion Administrator, under Data Sources, click on the datasource connection that's having the problems. This should open up the page where you set the name, database, server, username, etc... Click on the &quot;Show Advanced Settings&quot; button. Down towards the bottom you should see:

CLOB -- Enable long text retrieval (CLOB).

BLOB -- Enable binary large object retrieval (BLOB).

Put a check in the box for each of these, save the settings, and see if it will work now.

Also, you mentioned that it's working on 4 other pc's/servers. Are all of these servers using the same database?

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb

in the code ;
<cfquery name="name" datasource="DSNNAME" username="Username" password="password">

i see username and password..
which username and password is this?..

It's the username and password that you use to access the database. Usually, this is already set up in your Datasource connection, so you don't really need it.

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb

&quot;My work is a game, a very serious game.&quot; - M.C. Escher

Recently, we upgraded our database to SQL 2000. Af the conversion, we started having intermittent problems connecting to the database. We are using a named instance of SQL 2000, upgraded the MDAC on the Coldfusion Server. I can verify the ODBC datasources without any problems but when the users try to connect, they get the following error.

Message Content ODBC Error Code = 01000 (General warning)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]ConnectionRead (recv()).
The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFSTOREDPROC), occupying document position (1:1) to (1:91).

Are you using an ODBC connection or the native CF connection?

Hope This Helps!

ECAR
ECAR Technologies, LLC

"My work is a game, a very serious game." - M.C. Escher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back