Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datasheet View Very Slow When Tabbing Between Controls Across Screen Boundary

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajs1952

Programmer
Jul 2, 2007
GB
I am using Access 2010 and have experienced the above problem. I have googled this and found that it was a known problem in Access 2007 for which a hotfix was issued as here Has anyone experienced this problem recurring in A2010? If so what was the solution? The application was not written by me and the client is keen on datasheet views so switching to a continuous form is not an option at the moment.

Thanks for your interest Duane.

I mean that the form is wider than the screen and the users have to tab or use the horizontal scroll bar to view some of the controls. The right hand column is also frozen.

Tony

Yes it does, there is a definite pause when you tab thru a combo box.

Do you need the ability to select from the combo box?
Do you need to include all records in the datasheet or can you apply a filter?
Are the fields in the combo box "relation" indexed?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

They do need to select from the combo box.
The datasheet is displaying a maximum of c60 records.
The combo box fields are "relation" indexed.

There are only about a dozen records (at most) in the combo boxes). To be honest Duane I'm coming to the conclusion it may be some issue with network processes such as the virus checker/offline file caching/office installation. Thanks for your thoughts, always useful to hear someone else's views. I am working with our network guys today, I'll post something later this week if anything transpires.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back