Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datasheet view of linked tables doesn't display values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smelly

Programmer
May 23, 2002
US
I have two tables which are linked together. When I go to view them in the datasheet view and click on the plus next to the parent table, the child table opens up but it does not display data in the fields, but if I open the child table individually on the tables screen it displays the data. Does anyone know why it is not showing up on the datasheet view with its parent table?
Thank you for your help!!

Hi

The plus appears alongside rows of the 'child' table.

If you click the plus, you see the 'parents' to which the child is related, not the total content of the parent table

Are you sure that the 'child' you are clicking on has 'parents'? Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

I am trying to set up this database very similar to the Northwind database where the Suppliers table is linked to the products table which is linked to the order details table. But I have a Clients table linked to a Projects table which is linked to a Tests table. Everything seems to be set up the same but it is not showing the data in the datasheet view, but it does show it in the individual table view.
Thank you for your input and help.

Yes! I figured it out. THere was a problem with my linking fields. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back