Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datasheet not performing the same after back end goes to SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadixon

Programmer
May 22, 2008
US
When we had our backend database in access, the users could scroll through a datasheet form and as they scrolled they would see the records whizzing by. Now with SQL server as the backend database, the scrolling has 2 problems. First, it only appears to load a certain amount of data in at a time, so when the user tries to scroll to the bottom of the list they really aren't at the bottom. Second, as they scroll, it does not show the data going by anymore.

Is there a way to correct this? One thing I have done is to force a goto last record then goto first record when they open the form. That cures the problem of not going to the end of the records when scrolling to the bottom (although the screen flashes when I do this). But I still can't see the records as I scroll.

If I can't correct the scroll view, is there a way to change the tooltip that shows up on the scroll bar? Right now it shows record number, but it would be satisfactory to show a field within the record.

Is your form accessing the table directly? It might work better in the manner you prefer if you create a query and create the form from the query.

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back