Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datasesion count 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertcollins

Programmer
Mar 19, 2001
US
Hi everybody;

Is there a way to find out how many data sessions are open?

The problem is: I am creating temporary cdx files on the fly to sort the clicked grid columns. In the destroy method of the form these are destroyed before exiting. This is happening in a private data session. I can not do it if same table is opened in any of the other data sessions and has buffering on. Therefore I need to look at all opened data sessions and temporary turn off data buffering.

Thanks.

Robert.

Robert,

Is there a way to find out how many data sessions are open?

Yes, it's the ASESSIONS() function (but I don't think it's available for earlier versions of VFP).

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

If local workstations have hard drives with plenty of free space, you can improve performance by placing these temporary work files on the local drive or in a RAM drive. Redirecting these files to a local drive or a RAM drive increases performance by reducing access to the network drive.

You can specify an alternate location for these files by including the EDITWORK, SORTWORK and TMPFILES statements in your Config.fpw configuration file.

Attitude is Everything

Thanks Mike;

I am using VFP 8.0 and above works fine. Funny it did not show up on any of the help topic on data session!

Thanks again.

Robert

In the destroy method of the form these are destroyed before exiting. This is happening in a private data session. I can not do it if same table is opened in any of the other data sessions and has buffering on.

Why not???

If the data session is private it shouldn't affect other form's data sessions.

Regards,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back